ModPo update for Thursday of week 8, 2018
Got ten minutes tonight? Terrific! Please click HERE and review some essays!
Below, in particular, are six essays on Eileen Myles’s “The Honey Bear” that could use a few more reviews/responses. Please click on at least one of these links, read your ModPo colleague’s essay and offer a comment. Thank you so much for making ModPo’s (famous among MOOCs) peer review approach such a generous collaborative project!
- Jamie on E.M.’s desire: LINK
- Dorothy on the use of tense in the poem: LINK
- Kathryn on the poem as noir: LINK
- Martic on the poem’s New York School style: LINK
- Ian who brings to bear music & historical contexts: LINK
- Tuhin on the poem as a sweet puzzle: LINK
And further below—under my name here—you’ll find some links to video clips about the Language poets generally (from the ModPoPLUS syllabus for week 8). We hope these help you get further excited about the work of these poets.
By the way, HERE is a recording of yesterday’s live webcast.
ON LANGUAGE POETRY IN GENERAL