ModPo updates for Tuesday of week 3: (1) webcast; (2) reviewing essays; (3) Montreal
Three ModPo things today:
1) WEBCAST. Tomorrow (Wednesday, September 26) at 10 AM Philadelphia time we will be convening our week 3 live webcast. Please plan to join us live if you possibly can. If not, please watch the recording later. The recordings are always available at ModPo’s YouTube channel and also on ModPo’s Facebook group page. See below for all the info you need to participate in the webcast. The simplest way to watch is to go HERE at the time of the webcast. The thread for this webcast has been created HERE.
2) REVIEWING ESSAYS. Please go HERE and see essays many of your ModPo colleagues have posted. Choose at least four, read them, and offer some comments and/or responses. The essayists will truly appreciate the few minutes it takes to do this. This aspect of ModPo won’t work unless we do the work collaboratively. So again: thank you!
3) MONTREAL. As you know, we are traveling to Montreal next week, and we’ll be hosting two gatherings of ModPo people. HERE is all the info. If you can come, or would like to come, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Hoping you are enjoying the imagists’ efforts at condensation and precision,
INFO ABOUT TOMORROW’S WEBCAST
You can watch the live stream HERE. If you prefer, you can also go to the ModPo group page on Facebook and you’ll see there a “Facebook Live” video stream.
We hope you won’t just watch (although you can just watch!). We hope you will participate in the discussion. Here are four ways:
1) CALL US. You can call us on the telephone! The number is 610-616-3208. Please do call us! If you are the second caller, you will “win” a poetry book, which we’ll mail to you after the webcast.
2) POST A COMMENT OR QUESTION TO THE SPECIAL 9/26/18 WEBCAST DISCUSSION THREAD. For each webcast we create a special thread in the ModPo discussion forums. Click HERE to view the thread. Add your comments or questions. We will read them all. We will try to respond to some of them during the live session.
3) TWITTER. Many ModPo webcast fans like to interact with others using Twitter. Use the hashtag #ModPoLive. If you think of it include ModPo’s twitter handle: @modpopenn . One of the TAs will be watching twitter and we can respond to you that way.
4) FACEBOOK. If you are watching the Facebook Live video on the ModPo group page, you can read and add to the comment stream you’ll find under the video player there.
If you are in or near Philadelphia, please come to the Writers House at 3805 Locust Walk on Penn’s campus. You are welcome today to join us in person; you are always welcome to visit us there.
As usual we will make available a recording of this webcast, and will send out a link to it soon after the session. The webcast schedule for ModPo 2018 (and other info) can be found HERE.