ModPo update on Friday of week 1 of ModPo 2020
It’s Friday of week 1 of ModPo 2020. Still plenty of time to read week 1 poems and watch videos before we turn to week 2. But if you run out of time this week, I urge you to move on to week 2 and come back to week 1 later. (ModPo is always open and you can easily return to any poems you haven’t yet read.)
If you want a look ahead at next week, please watch the (new) intro video for week 2 HERE (5.5 minutes long).
Next week some of you—perhaps many of you!—will be writing and submitting short essays doing close readings of a poem by Dickinson that we haven’t yet discussed.
Below is a list of seven highlights that might be of interest to you. Enjoy!
SELECTED ModPo HIGHLIGHTS:
1. A lively discussion of “Dogs, Cats, Pets, and Other Non-Human Animals of ModPo,” complete with photos: THREAD HERE.
2. Audio guide for how to submit an essay in ModPo: LINK TO AUDIO.
3. Meet the ModPo TAs: LINK TO PHOTOS AND BIOS
4. Video in which we discuss teaching as an excuse for bring people together: LINK TO VIDEO (1:27)
5. ModPo student publishes an article on the experience of reading Dickinson with thousands of others: LINK TO TEXT
6. 3-minute video in which ModPo’ers around the world introduce the course: LINK TO VIDEO
7. ModPo “Breakfast Club” (study group) revived: LINK TO THREAD